Cant Understand Animations and how to use multiple tracks at once (how to send multiple object to different tracks in osci studio

I don’t know if my question is too weird or stupid. But hey, i cannot see anything in the documentation that helps me with this, guess this thing is oriented to someone who knows a lot of c++? HAHA idk but the thing is, i want to understand how to make animations in the timeline, and i don’t quite get it, i have made animations using only one channel and blender with its form of animations with keyframes etc, also i have been using the synth part with the vectors plug ins, but it would be lovely to use the timeline with this and i don’t get how it works just yet, i also don’t understand if it is possible to send multiple objects in blender to multiple tracks in osci studio? Or whatever is in blender will always show in osci studio in only one track? Can’t you separate the objects that come from blender to multiple tracks in osci studio? I don know man I’m still a noob with this but here is what i have made in case you guys want to sneak a peek. youtube video

lots of love from san jose costa rica to wherever you guys are seeing electricity in your monitors behaving in weird ways, such magic

hey!

ok, let’s take it one by one :slight_smile:

with the version you have, there is only one large timeline. so you cannot make multiple animations easily. this is changing in the new version but it’ll be a while. sneak peak:

what you can do for now, is have multiple things on multiple channels and turn off the entire channel. you can also animated the “enable” button on top of each group. but imho it’s all a bit clunky and a clip grid is great for that. stay tuned!

i also don’t understand if it is possible to send multiple objects in blender to multiple tracks in osci studio? Or whatever is in blender will always show in osci studio in only one track?

in blender in the properties panel (shortcut “n” when you have your cursor in the 3d view) you should have an oscistudio panel with object settings. there are two settings of interest for you:

1. object name: for each unique name you should get a slider in oscistudio so you can adjust the brightness between the elements
  2. group: that’s the channel to which you send things to in oscistudio. if you increase that number, it goes to the next channel

so as far as making a composition goes, at the moment you might be best off thinking in little scenes: make one oscistudio file per animation, export each with the bounce function (cmd+b on mac, ctrl+b on windows) and then arrange outside of oscistudio.

sorry this is not neater/easier/more built-in, but i can only get so much done at a time before going crazy :slight_smile:

hey man thank your for your reply!

ill try to investigate more on this matter!

have a lovely day!