Fix for very Simple model with very Extreme artifacts?

As you can see in this pic, this extremely simple model of a cereal box is showing some very extreme artifacts in two places:

How can this be made more clean?
Could this be because the .obj model is sized overly large? Is there an ideal size for a model? I had to reduce the volume to ~0.001 to even get it in the frame.
Link to the 3D model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U-Oqzkh1hWGMm_YdVHZVpgVazOewt5pK/view?usp=sharing

Nevermind - that lower artifact was a actually a leftover Camera in Blender - once I deleted it and scaled the model down to a similar size as the provided shuttle-solid.obj and it’s looking fine now. Still curious about ideal model sizes, it seems to affect how much the volume needs adjustment.

As a trained modeller for games this comes from open edges, multiple vertices at the same co-ordinates and multiple faces/polys occupying the same space, leaving holes in the surface of the model. Models made for game engines often require that there be none of these anywhere in the model and it comes with practice, especially with more complex models. I use 3Ds Max almost exclusively and there is a tool in the modifiers called “STL Check” which shows how many of each type and where they are. There’s almost certainly something similar in Blender. If you run into problems in the future you’re welcome to give me a shout if you need help :wink:

Thanks for your offer for assistance ReiverBlue!
I’m experiencing more of the same problem this time with an .obj that began as a .svg:

Link to files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1K3k_q9IH3Yo4Iulac8ZEIgHGk6yAF3sr?usp=sharing

My suspicion is that this type of noise curve is created whenever the beam has to do a drastic jump from one point of the image to another over , which in a traditional laser is handled by blanking…
Here’s what happens when I increase the Afterglow:

Sure enough, adding a few extra connecting lines to the .obj did the trick! Does anyone know of any cleaner/better approach?

I think you’re on the right track, tweaking the mesh.

One thing I’ve tried is to increase the number of verts or edges at critical corners, or to actually double up the geometry in certain areas, causing the trace to go over something twice and strengthen certain features. If Oscistudio has to trace the ‘desired’ edges more than once, it will have less time to spend during one cycle tracing the undesired bits.