Is there a way to continue to support the development of oscistudio?

I am so grateful to Hansi for developing this amazing software that I’ve grown to love. I purchased the software, but I would certainly love to continue to see it developed. Do you have some kind of patreon where I could donate 5$ a month to you (I know it’s not much, but I’m a starving artist), where perhaps collectively enough people could donate to support continued development of oscistudio? I know there’s no obligation for you to continue development, but I do hope it continues to be developed. Perhaps I’ll buy a 2nd copy when I get some more money just to support.

i‘d donate too! so happy this exists and i‘m surprised it’s so few people who know it. i‘m sure the community would grow with a patreon!

Agreed, I’d love to see this project growing and becoming more amazing!

Does anyone know if OsciStudio is still being worked on? I’ve seen some videos from Hansi with what looks like a dev version, but I’m not sure if we’ll ever get access to those.

From everything I can see it’s still being developed, but I have no doubt that some extra money in his pocket would be an incentive. I believe it’s a side project, and not what he does for a living.

it’s correct. there will be a new version though, i’m estimating ~ fall this year.

Amazing!!! I’m looking forward to it!

Hello everybody, i have discovered this software and it looks amazing. I think it’s a great idea to support it’s development. Do you think that it would be possible to add to oscistudio a tab next to the BASE / MIDI / MIC buttons, that would allow a wav / flac file to be uploaded into the program? So the oscistudio would be creating visuals reacting to music just like the oscilloscope app, but this time we could tweak the visuals using the sliders. Do you think this will ever be possible in the next versions of Oscistudio? Is somebody else interested in this feature? I would be willing to contribute to it’s development.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

what are you considering using it for? (live setting, online, or at home?)

Hello. It would be to use at home. Not for live setting. I’m not sure what you mean by online. If you mean making a video with the visuals and upload to the internet for others to see, then yes, that could be a possibility. I’ve always been fascinated with the visual aspect of sound.

yes, that’s what i meant!

Would that be a problem? And do you think such an update would be possible?

i’m still thinking about what form or shape this would have!

Just want to second Ricardo’s suggestion! Would love to be able to import existing audio files and manipulate them inside Osci Studio. (and seconding what everyone else is saying here — love Osci Studio and grateful to Hansi for this wonderful software)