Oscistudio6/blender 3.5 send animation fix

Hallo aus Wien

Finally managed to connect Oscistudio 6 with the newest addon properly after a year of an awful workaround and want to share how for those running into the same error.
The send animation didnt work at all while the realtime mode did and the problem was the audiooutput i selected. I use many different outputs including a steinberg interface and virtual outs and the one that works for me is actually the one of my screen speakers.
Shortly before i changed the settings i also downloaded a .py client version from this forum rather than the one in the download link, but it still didnt work with that one installed till i changed the out, but who knows.

This was my workaround if this shouldnt work for you:
Export an animation nodes setup(for example) as .abc in blender 3.whatever and import it into blender 2.79
Sending this to oscistudio 6 worked on any output, no idea why.
The .abc export also bakes complex simulations and so on to run in realtime btw.

Other problems i ran into over the years worth mentioning for bugfixing:
Entering values and hitting enter rather than mouseclicking “yes” might crash oscistudio here.
The flickering.
Having to flip the stereoimage and to rotate it several times in cubase with s1 stereo imager (the only one i know doing 360 pans, secret tip).

Undo button, different export settings, remaps for the sliders (especially the transform sliders centering at 2.45 or st)
and a way to import audio files to act as mic would be fire.

Danke Hansi, beeindruckende Software. Wünschte es würde schon ne kleine Firma dahinter sein

hi ian!

Shortly before i changed the settings i also downloaded a .py client version from this forum rather than the one in the download link, but it still didnt work with that one installed till i changed the out, but who knows.

oh, it’s easy to miss, but the link is also in the download section (just above the download link for oscistudio).

Entering values and hitting enter rather than mouseclicking “yes” might crash oscistudio here.

i didn’t know until this bug until a few weeks ago, but i saw it when someone else did it in front of me, it should be fixed.

The flickering.

yes, this happens with some integrated cards. it should also be fixed in the next release.

Undo button,

coming (not for sliders, but for animations and a few other things)

different export settings

can you explain?

remaps for the sliders (especially the transform sliders centering at 2.45 or st)

can you explain in detail?

a way to import audio files to act as mic would be fire

hm… let me think about this one, i get what you want to do ^^

Danke Hansi, beeindruckende Software. Wünschte es würde schon ne kleine Firma dahinter sein

thx. i also get the sentiment, sorry… i’m just not business man enough for some things i guess ^^ hope you understand that this software is mostly driven the collaboration between jerobeam and me. (and also while it does sell a few copies, it’s nowhere miles away from being enough to hire a programmer).

the next version will be definitely be released this week, either thursday night or friday.

best, hansi.

I did find the file, just wanted to mention that i had the one from the forum installed as i thought it might fix it.

Neat

Also neat

Epic

So far i usually bounce (so 192khz 16 bit, but in cubase i use 32 bits to work as audio doesnt clip at 32 and for the audiopart i usually need it as 48khz anyways, but it’s really not wort the time actually, all doable in cubase.

Remapping as in changing with which min and max value a fader is dealin with. For example the map value or animate float node in animation nodes or the remaps in phaseplant, the vst synth.
So if a fader says 0-100 it changes it to 60-70 for example and applies a curve to how it behaves while remapping
Can just often help to reach very specific points when automatin, to reverse automation or to double or halfen its speed. More a dream than a must as well though

I get it, all the way) Hope to actually see you guys perform finally, didnt get the chance yet unfortunatly obwohl wir im gleichen land sind ^^

Huge thanks, im actually the guy who wrote you a mail at christmas once years ago and i got myself an official version as well of course as soon as it was possible.

And omg, lets go! You are awesome)