Sequencing SVGs

OsciStudio Version: A6
Operating System: Windows 10

Hello.

Is it possible to link the cycling of SVGs to the time slider? I read somewhere else that tthis was possible by holding ctrl when dragging multiple SVGs but i cannot get it to work. Thanks.

as far as I’m aware you would need to do it inside blender, and I am not aware of any quick way of doing this inside of blender.

Like, if you have 100 “frames” of an alembic in 100 separate files, there’s a checkbox on import that makes them an animation. As far as im aware, this does not exist for SVG, though that would be awesome if they added it.

The technique shown in this video from Jimmy Gunawan might be of use for this. It utilizes Animation Nodes to convert imported svg frames into a blender animation.

Jimmy is a great guy to follow for lots of experimental motion graphics ideas in Blender.

a bit late, but yes – ctrl should work. to be precise, this is the exact sequence of things that works for me:

1. select the files you want to use in explorer/finder
  2. start dragging the files and hold the mouse button until step 6
  3. press alt+tab (cmd+tab) to switch to oscistudio
  4. press and hold the ctrl key (also on osx!)
  5. move your mouse to the top of the track, where you see the coordinate system
  6. release the mouse button

this should give you only a single object, and the “time” slider should now switch between the objects